Baton is fun…
Baton promotes physical and mental wellness…
The skills you will learn are limitless!
For females and males of all ages
- As an individual
- With a partner
- As a team member
Participate at many different levels:
- Elite World Level
Be involved as
Many skills are learned through the use of the body, the manipulation of the baton, coordination of the baton and the body, performance characteristics and musicality. Below is a list of benefits as well as more detailed benefits of baton twirling.
Skills and Benefits
Some of the baton specific skills include:
Ambidexterity is the use of both sides of the brain. Baton twirlers learn skills with the right side and left side of the body.
- Learn to use both sides of the brain
- Maximizes brainpower and developing sensitivity and awareness level
- Promotes equal strength and coordination
Bilateral thinking is the ability to process information from one side of the brain to the other side of the brain. In baton twirling the participants use both hands and learn to twirl multiple batons at one time.
- The brain records the new information in both sides of the brain.
- Increased communication between the left and right side of the brain increases intelligence
- Use of both hands at the same time completing the same task or a different task
- Equal use of both sides of the brain results in learning more information at a faster rate
Eye to Hand Coordination
Eye to hand coordination is the control of eye movement and the process of visual input to guide body movement. In baton twirling there are many eye hand coordination skills that are similar to other sports. There are also specialized skills that are developed due to the rotation of the baton, catching in different hand positions and areas around the body increases the timing and the accuracy required to catch the baton.
- Increase reaction time and adjustment time
- Increased thinking process
- Speed increase in the reaction time of the mind and the body